Get 5 Most Important Reasons to Boat Southwest Florida.
Click on the Blue Word Links Below to Learn More.
- Weather – Florida Annual Weather Temperature, Sunshine & Water Temperature Absolutely fabulous weather during the whole year. Yes, it gets hot during June, July, August and September but the sun is always shining. In fact this year, it was cooler in Florida than many northern states. As I am originally from Buffalo, NY, I always think of June, July, August and September as the winter months of Florida but still very sunny!
- Types of Boats – Saltwater Fishing Boats, – Just For Fun Boats, – Boats for Entertainment, – Kayaks, and – Spending Time with Family Boats If you are into fishing, there are several choices for you. Something I was not familiar with until moving to Florida is the Flats Boat. The Flats Boat is a shallow draft boat to get in shallow water like close to the mangroves where the saltwater fish are located. These boats have motor mounting systems to raise the motor up so the propeller is just in the water. Bay Boats are another choice for running on the ICW or the many Bays in Florida. And of course, an Offshore Boat to travel out into the Gulf. Pontoon Boats are a popular option today as they handle many people, can go fishing from the platform and even water ski behind with appropriate power. Many great choices to suit your boating needs!
- Fishing – Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission Information, – Fishing Southwest Florida See all of the species of fish that are available in the beautiful saltwater. Fabulous Fishing along the ICW or out in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Social Boating Clubs – Freedom Boat Club, If you want to rent a Boat, the Boat Clubs are a choice. The only down side is availability and the specific times that the boat is available. Going out early in the morning or into the early or late evening can be an issue.
- Exploring – Cabbage Key, – Stump Pass, – Don Pedro Island by Boat, – Fisherman’s Village, – Crow’s Nest Waterfront Dining, – Marker 4 Waterfront Dining and – Marina Jacks Sarasota FL. Many sites to visit by Boat whether Sandy Beach Parks only accessible by water or Restaurants along the Intracoastal Waterway. Great fun cruising and exploring the spots only accessible by Boat. – ICW Planning Guide
With water surrounding Florida, the beauty of Florida lies on the water. Boating gives you that access to all that Florida has to offer on the water!
Published on 2018-07-28 10:00:31